Earlier this year, upon checking my email I was met with a pair of tracks from George FitzGerald, a name I was oblivious to at the time. Always intrigued by a release that I can approach without any prejudices or expectations is one thing, however the fact that it was a forthcoming release on the HotFlush label contributed to the sense that it was going to be a top-notch release. As I said then, the release embodied the “post dubstep” motif HotFlush has made itself known for throughout 2010 with soulful releases from names like Sepalcure and Mount Kimbie. FitzGerald’s release elegantly expounded this.
The question still remains for me, and I imagine a handful of others as to who exactly is George FitzGerald, and how did he manage to stay off my radar for so long. URB provides an excellent interview in addition to an exclusive mix from FitzGerald on their site today – providing some well deserved accolades from a major player like URB.
Tracklist available beneath the fold.
1. Seven Wonders – Crazy (DJ’s for Life)
2. George FitzGerald – Friends In High Places (CDR)
3. WAX – 30003 B (WAX)
4. Will Saul & Mike Monday – Sequence (Scuba Remix) (forthcoming AUS)
5. KMA – Cape Fear (Groove Chronicles)
6. George FitzGerald – Fernweh (CDR)
7. Surgeon – Floorshow (Counterbalance)
8. George FitzGerald – Don’t You (forthcoming Hotflush)
9. Scuba – Three Sided Shape (forthcoming Hotflush)
10. xxxy – This Much (CDR)
11. Pariah – The Slump (R&S)
12. Groove Theory – Tell Me (George FitzGerald Remix) (CDR)